This guide provides instructions on how to set up Namecheap Private Email mailbox in Outlook on an android device.
In case you have Business/Business Office subscription, you can add your Private Email mailbox as Exchange (ActiveSync) account using this guide.
NOTE: before setting the email account, double-check that your domain has the correct Private Email DNS records and the mailbox is created.
1. Open Outlook on your device.
2. In case it is your first account, press Get Started, and type in the email address:
If you already have an email account added to Outlook, press Settings in the upper left corner and select the Add Account icon:
3. Type the full email address of the account you want to add (we use [email protected] as an example) and press Continue:
NOTE: Outlook for Android doesn’t support POP3 accounts.
5. Fill in the required details:
Private Email uses autodiscover for the fast and convenient way to set up your mailboxes in email clients.
Once filled, click on the Done button in the upper right corner:
If for some reason the automatic setup failed, it is possible to type the settings manually.
Go back to the step 3, double-check the name of your mailbox and proceed to step 5, click Advanced Settingsand fill in the required details:
IMAP Incoming Mail Server:
SMTP Outgoing Mail Server:
Double-check all the settings, then press Done in the upper right corner.
6. The setup is finished. Now you can start managing your Private Email account in Outlook: